Touched down at the Penang International Airport at 9.35am this morning. *Breathe* Miss penang la, the air of penang as well. Though its full of carbon monoxide but its still the best.
The mission trip to Sabah was great. Kudos to all the freaking missionaries of Y-LAP '08! Amazing things happened and its too much to tell. I'll just summarise it.
Day 1- Reached Kota Kinabalu around lunch time. Went for lunch in a small malay food stall because we did not have much time to waste. After that, we continued our journey to Pitas. This town is known as the poorest town in the entire sabah. It took us about 4 hours of journey by car and van. By the time we reach there, its about 6pm. This place we went to is called Asrama Harapan Baru. The kids from the super interiors in Sabah will go and stay there because there's a school near this asrama and so that they could have a proper education. This asrama is also located in the interior though. We practically spent the whole day travelling and it was really tiring.
Day 2- After breakfast, we went to the nearest river to "mandi sungai". Thats what they called it. I didnt really bathe in there but i washed my hair in the sungai. Bathing is really troublesome la. Have to wear sarong and stuff. Kelvin nearly drown in the sungai. Thanks to the hero of the day which is Nikki, he's still alive. At bout 11am,we started our journey to Kampung Sungai Eloi.
We reached there bout 1 something in the afternoon and we had to attend a forum session at 2pm-4pm. The leaders really did a great job answering the questions of the villagers. We stayed there for two days. The 2nd day there was really fun. We get to know the children better and i started playing with them. Theres this small lil girl that came to me and gave me a ring and slip it into my last finger when i was infront getting ready to pray for the ppl. I was so touched that i nearly cried. =D
Day 4- Went to Kampung Sampir Kudat. Thats where the big challenge really is. This kampung got no electricity! I can die there. Its sooo hot and there's like lotss of mosquitoes. When the night time comes, its really pitch dark because its moonless that night. Freakky. Got torchlight pun tak guna man. I shine the torchlight on the ground but i have no idea in which direction am i going because its all the same. I salute the villagers there. How they could actually live without lights. They could actually walk back home in the dark in the middle of jungle. Man, if i have to do that, I'll freak out. Its really amazing how they dont go and bang trees or something like that. Hmm.
The rest of the days after that are more relaxing. Nothing much to talk about it. Overall, I had a wonderful experience. I learnt a lot of things. Not only in practical ways but as well as spritual ways. I appreciate the things i have now. Even there are things that i wanted in my life but i couldnt get it, i'm still thankful that my life is actually much much more better than the ppl there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment